How to Bathe your Dog at Home
Take the professional experience home with our top tips.
Firstly make sure you have the right equipment- A good slicker brush, professional quality shampoo and comb. We recommend the Artero range, this is what we use in our salon for a top quality finish. Shop our store here to have everything you need delivered right to your door.
1. Use a table or surface that is at a comfortable height for you and your pet.
2. Begin at the bottom of the back paw, taking small sections at a time and brushing out any knots you find along the way.
3. If your dog is prone to knots, we recommend the Artero conditioning spray to help tease them out. Shop here.
4. Use your comb to check the knots have been removed fully.
5. Continue this method on the rest of the legs, body, ears and face.
6. Be careful not to brush too heavily and be extra gentle around sensitive areas like under the armpits, ears, tail and face.
Be sure to give some breaks between the groom and praise them with rewards and treats. Remain calm and relaxed throughout the experience to ensure it is as comfortable as possible.
1. Place a rubber mat in the bath or shower to ensure your dog feels secure. Prepare three towels before you put your pet in the bath and your Artero shampoo according to the instructions.
2. It may help to use a lead and secure it to a handle or ask a second person to help.
3. Be mindful not to leave your pet unattended in the bath at any time.
4. Check the water temperature and run it at lukewarm.
5. Wet your pet's coat and create a lather using the soap.
6. Massage it gently into the coat from head to toe avoiding the sensitive eye areas and ear canals.
7. Rinse the coat with lukewarm water and repeat with another shampoo.
8. Rinse again and give the coat a firm but gentle squeeze all the way through to remove excess water.
1. Use your first towel to dry them as much as possible.
2. Cover your pet with a dry towel. Place your third towel onto the drying area you have chosen.
3. Finish drying any more excess water from their paws and legs.
4. Start off with a low speed speed at a medium/cool setting.
5. Hold the dryer away from the skin as you dry them as quick as possible all over.
6. When the coat is semi dry use the slicker to help straighten the coat for that perfect blow dry finish.
Why not finish off your perfect style with our pet friendly baby perfume range! It's great for a quick freshen up in between baths or when you want to have pup smelling divine! Shop Here.
Why not check out our youtube video for a full run through here!
Shop the story